Tire rotation

I seldomly rotate my tires, but I do check & measure wear, and will rotate if a noticeable difference in tread depth, which is very infrequently.

I rotate every time I change the oil, 5K miles. My tires wear evenly and all 4 are worn the same when it come time for replacement. Front tires always wear more, especially on the edges. Rotating just keeps me from replacing the fronts sooner than the rears.

@‌nitram
The problem with that is, the way a tread wears is much different on the front then the back. The actual difference in tread depth in one area of the tread doesn’t tell you how much it is wearing elsewhere. The tire experts here can give you other reasons too, Unless you are taking the measurements in different areas, you aren’t getting a true indication of tread wear. The other matter is, how much of a difference before you decide. What may look like 2/32 inch in the center for example, may be 4 to 5/32 difference some where else on the edge if you wait too long. Once this difference occurs, it will never recover to give you uniform traction and tread life.

Like everyone who makes up their own routine, there are valid reasons why it may not be he best way.

Rotating is done to get the most life out of the tread but it can hide suspension problems that would be evident if tires remain in the same place wherein tread wear patterns indicate a problem.

Front tires wear more on the edges, because of the lateral forces of the car going into a turn. You don’t see that on the rear tires. Rotating will keep the tread wear balanced.