Tire repair in new car after tire plugged- Bumpy Drive remains

Please let us know how you make out.

For sure hopefully the tire is in stock and the techs can make the ride feel like new!

What I read is that the tire would only be covered if there was a defect in materials or workmanship; not road hazard. Same goes for Pirelli itself.

Itā€™s noted that Kia offers a tire warranty policy that would cover it as an add-on for 350 to 550 bucks.
Piling on by a dealer; Iā€™m not surprised.
You might check your paperwork and see if they slipped that in on you.

Update: I took it to the dealership today and they agreed with several posters above that the tire needs to be replaced. They said the plug was ok to drive home and bring the car back on Monday to put on the new tire. Further, they moved the plugged wheel to the back of the vehicle and this has reduced the bumpy ride by about 80 percent. The car is (almost) smooth and fun to drive again- hopefully the new tire makes it perfect!

1 Like

The difference in the ride after moving the tire definitely indicates that your problem will be behind you after Monday.

How did a 1/10oz plug throw off tire balance? Is tired damaged internally? By driving on flat?

Iā€™ve plugged tires myself a few times. They ran as well as new. Eventually the plugs failed and I got them patched (cheap), still use them. Iā€™m pretty sure the guy who plugged OPā€™s tires could do a better than I. Tires often come with warranties. 50 years ago, a guy squeezed me up against a curb, resulting in an un-repairable tire. Because it was so new the vendor replaced it for about 10% of the original price.

Fingers crossed! I believe the tire comes in tomorrow.