Tire pressure

I drive a pickup truck and I vary the tire pressures to accomodate the weight distribution. For example, I deviate from the normal 35 psi sa follows: 36-drivers front; 37-rear, L/R. Does it make sense to do this?

[i]  Does it make sense to do this?[/i]   Yes, but assuming you don't go over the max pressure listed on the car, I would suggest a few more PSI

Yes. This is done with motorhomes that not only vary in weight among brands but also can carry varying amounts of cargo but you can’t know the right pressure unless you have a load/tire pressure chart from the tire mfr. The vehicle needs to be weighed at each end and preferably at each wheel which you can do at many truck stops for a few dollars.

It’s a little unclear what it is you are doing and why you are doing it - so, No, it doesn’t make sense.

Important is that you know the weights on each wheel as accuratly as possible.
But you also have to realise that all the measurements have their inacuracy.
That is why I introduced the load-percentage. this is the percentage the actual load on the tire is of the load you calculate the pressure for.
I state that if the load% is between 85% and 100% you have a pressure wich is save for the tires and gives a comfortable ride. Under 85% you begin to experi?nce discomfort by bouncing. Over 100% the tires can get damaged bij driving.
I kept myself busy with calculating tire-pressure with use of the equation , the European tyre-manufacturers use to deterimine the advice pressures for cars, and made spreadsheets for it . They give the savest answers at the moment.
Translated a few to English from Dutch ( I am from Holland,so sorry for some strange words)
http://cid-a526e0eee092e6dc.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/pressurecalculationwithtemp.xls
Download and open this spreadsheet in Excell-like programm, and not directly in the browser, then it wont work because of protection and data validation that I used in it.
There you can fill in your own load percentage.

Not worth the trouble, put 36 all around and save yourself some time. ± 1 or 2 psi will make minimal difference.

The amounts you’re putting in don’t vary from the specified 35 psi any more than would be normal measurement error from a pressure gage, and even normal variation based on weather (at least where I live). Tire pressure will vary about 1 psi for ever 5 degrees of ambient temperature change. And the gage is probably off by a few psi anyway.

In short, use the 36 front and 37 rear that you’ve indicated and sleep soundly. You’re fine.