Timing belt

When I try to increase the speed in parking lot (say 10-15 mph) I heard a wierd sound for a very short time. Also now my car runs very fast with very little pressure on the gas pedal? Is this due to the timing belt? I have 0% knowledge of cars. Also I am feeling the vibration on the gas pedal. Please guide me.

I know that you are driving a car. Some cars do this when the computer goes crazy, some probably don’t. Introduce us to your car and tell us if it has any miles on it. Then I will know if it is prone to problems that I am familiar with.

He means for you to tell us what make and model of car you have (for example, Chevrolet Cavalier, Honda Civic, etc.) and what the mileage is of the car. Also, what year the car is (if you don’t know, there should be a year printed on the front of the owner’s manual.) And, any other info you can think of that would help (is the check engine light on? What kind/size of engine in the car? Recent maintenance/repair work done? Anything else you can think of?)

Also, it would help to describe the sound as best as you can. “Wierd” doesn’t help much.

The odds of this having anything to do with the timing belt are slim. Not all cars have timing belts, and since you have given no information about your car it’s really hard to say what MIGHT be causing the problem.

Like others said, the weird sound at the given speed does not fully correlate to a faulty timing belt.

Related to that system, a failing timing belt tensioner makes a squealing type sound.

Sorry for not providing full information
Model Honda Civic LX
year 1998
Milage : 77K

Car Maintenance : Recently changed the front and rear brakes of my cars

Sound : it sound like ‘Karrrr’ when the speed is very less(say 10mph) and you try to increase to 15 mph
Sound duration : for 3-4 second.

Speed : it reaches speed of 45-50 miles with less pressure on the gas pedal.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Sorry for not providing full information
Model Honda Civic LX
year 1998
Milage : 77K

Car Maintenance : Recently changed the front and rear brakes of my cars

Sound : it sound like ‘Karrrr’ when the speed is very less(say 10mph) and you try to increase to 15 mph
Sound duration : for 3-4 second.

Speed : it reaches speed of 45-50 miles with less pressure on the gas pedal.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Well Gollee
I always slow down in parking lots…
Hummm… maybe I been doing it wrong all these years
idle…Hummm