Timing Belt

I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima with only 30,000 miles. I’ve had it serviced regularly. Should I be concerned about replacing the timing belt, or anything else, at this point? I’m hesitant to ask the dealer because I’m sure they’d say bring it right in. Would apprciate any opinions. Thanks Buck

I don’t think kyou have anything to worry about now, but if you have the maintenance quide of the vehicle you could check to see when it is due.

I could be wrong. But I don’t think your car has a timing belt. I’ve never known VQ engine to have a timing belt.

Your Maxima does not have a timing belt. It has a timing chain, which should be good for the life of the engine.

If you ask the dealer, they will, indeed, say, “Bring it in,” but you don’t need to ask the dealer. All you need to do is consult the maintenance schedule that came with the car. It’s with the owner’s manual, wherever that might be. Usually in the glove box, unread.

The maintenance schedule will tell you EVERYTHING your Maxima needs, and when it’s needed. This schedule may or may not agree with what the dealer advises, because their advice is based on maximizing their profit.

Follow the maintenance schedule in the owner’s book and you can’t go wrong.

Take your time. There’s no rush to change your…

… timing chain.

I use the same logic with my Doctor,I never tell him I am feeling bad,he never orders any tests.

Now might be a good time to start asking around and find a good local independent mechanic.  Independent mechanics are not better (or worse) than dealers, but they are almost always less expensive and generally offer less expensive options like replacing one part rather than a whole system when appropriate.

ROTFLMFAO!!! Aint that the truth!!! Hahahaha!