Timing Belt replacement: go by owner's manual or former mechanic's recommendation?

If you’re keeping the buggy and the decision on whether to change the belt now or wait is causing you anxiety, just change the timing belt. It’ll be good prevention and it’s worth it to sleep better.

My philosophy is that anytime you’re feeling distress over whether to do some maintenance now or wait, do it now. Consider it an investment in a good night’s sleep.

@volvo V70. Good to know…I don’t think I really took his advice…was just relaying what I’ve done in past.
I love to come on this Forum occasionally to get ideas, and ALWAYS come away with plenty of Great Advice. Thanks again to all who have posted here. I’m done now and will post about my “New car query” some other time!

@VOLVO V70

I presented the real facts, but I am not sure how to address some folks who think that I posted a fictional thread for the purpose of getting reactions. I too value others time and I have not asked others to spent their time on fictional thread.

I posted on other forums/social media sites (Not about Cars) as well. I find this forum is interesting and helped me to understand my Car mechanics better. (I am not a mechanic).

Thanks again for all mechanics of this forum.

"Please ignore any thing that RIMDtoyota posts. He has been discredited on another forum as a troll. "

It is over the TOP.

I did not receive any emails for other forum moderators about discredit of my discussions.

Is it fair to consider your discredit story as your troll in this forum?

Did they send that discredit email to you? I am surprised.

You are welcome to withhold your insight/advice on my discussion.

Here is the advice for you from

@the same mountainbike Volvo, if anybody's post should be ignored, it's yours. The OP is politely asking for help. You're just being nasty. Don't do that.

for one of my discussion in this forum.

I participated in this forum and followed the guidelines of this forum moderators. I did not violate any rules. I hope that you respect the “Freedom of Speech”

Thanks for sharing.