Thoughts on buying a Used Camaro

Yes, exactly. In the SNOW! The problem was not snow as in deep snow. The problem was ice, which is totally different for Positraction.

Docnick, it is no secret that I have the greatest respect for you. But, this 396 on idle, when it went into gear on ice, the back end chewed around to the right. Any implication that anyone else could have done better is ridiculous.

Gracias, amigoā€¦

;-]

I appreciate the problem with a high powered car with a high idle speed and light in the rear.

Years ago Hertz had special Shelby Mustangs for rent at Oā€™Hare airport in Chicago. I rented one and it idled at close to 30 mph!!! They quickly quit the program since too many renters got into trouble!

Thanks! I love it!
Yes, it has a 3.6L V6. It rides very nice, and is very fun to to drive. I am going to try to make this car last forever!

I just sold a 67ā€¦ butternut yellow like new.

If u get snow, firget any rear wheel dive carā€¦ inless you want to put chains onā€¦

B.S.!!! Posi is lousy on slippery surfaces!. The entie rear end swings out on gravel, ice and snowā€¦

i suppose an 11ā€™ V6 camaro is a fairly nice car to drive. but forever? or 10+ yrs? its ok for a single person. but its 2 doors. what happens when life changes and you have kids or 2 or more passengers? i drove one for 2 winters and than stored it for summer use for several more yrs and got rid of it.

1 Like

You must have missed the ā€œif you know what youā€™re doingā€ part of my commentā€¦

;-]

1 Like

I would agree; Positraction is great in snow. I had it on a Caprice and it got me through any amount of snow. When on an icy surface, however, apply the throttle very gingerly.

Irlandes and insightful, all GM cars of that era were pretty bad in the snow if they had a powerful engine and the positraction didnā€™t help. The problem was the rear coil springs didnā€™t do a good job of locating the rear axles. When you stepped on the gas, instead of transmitting the power into forward motion, the axle and springs first twisted and then untwisted and broke the rear wheel loose. The Dodge Polara however has asymmetrical leaf springs with the longer and thinner rear section providing the ride and the short thicker front section acting like traction bars and solidly locating the rear axle. That is why it was harder to do a smokey burnout in a Mopar of equivalent hp to a GM.