This thread is closed. Thank you. Steering assembly/lies compromised with fuel banjo fitting repair?

Could it be that the power steering system is contaminated and keeps putting garbage in the fluid? As soon as enough debris accumulates in a small orifice then problems begin?

Even if thoroughly flushed there could be a hose or hoses that are the culprit. Is it possible they’re shedding some junk from inside?

I’d be asking lots of questions after the second rack was replaced, more questions after the third, and asking for the help of a psychologist or a much better automobile diagnostician. :thinking:

It wouldn’t hurt to drain the system one more time and send a fluid sample off to Blackstone Lab or another lab or simply replace all hoses and components that could degrade.

I mentioned before… isn’t there a term that describes somebody who repeats the same action over and over, expecting different results each time? :wink:
CSA

1 Like

Ah. A thoughtful human being. You were correct. I was attempting to be polite.

I came back to Car Talk today, to research other problems. I had not seen your comment. “Psychologist?” Find “a much better automobile diagnostician?” Do you enjoy being insulting. The first two racks were bad parts. The mechanic was the best-qualified around. If you want to pay to send one here, or have my car delivered to a better diagnostician, here is the address to send the check, and be sure to give the name and address of the mechanic.