This is getting expensive!

I have a 2000 Ford Taurus and when i am going down hill and coming to a stop sign the whole car shakes , the whole front end was redone and yet the problem still persists, It also stalls out when coming to a stop sometimes what could this be ?

It could be many things.  Has there been any CEL's?  (Cel = check engine lights) When was the last time the fuel and air filters were replaced?  Has anything else been done?

a few sensors were replaced and no the fuel and air filter were no replaced recently . I was thinking it might be the tork converter ? an the light never came on .

As Joseph Said, “It could be many things.”

Here’s more WAGS:

Vacuum leak ?

Faulty IAC (Idle Air Control) valve (an issue with some 2000 - 2003 Taurus vehicles and no CEL illumination) ?

CSA

no CEL at all . I had diagnostics ran on it and everything that faulted got changed . but the problem is still there. It shakes pretty bad when im breaking, But i don’t see what the issue could be seeing that nothing showed up during the last diag…

CSA?! Where have you been! Welcome back.

Does the shaking stop when the cars stops?
Exactly what was done so far?
How many miles does this puppy have on it?.

JT, Thanks !
Rumors Of My Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated !

I’ve been right here. I’m fine. Since the big improvements to the site about a year ago, I was kind of locked out. My primitive computer equipment, lack of cyber skills, and dial-up modem connection weren’t up to the task.

I could read what was going on, but couldn’t comment. Carolyn’s been working on a fix and together with Connie, they finally came up with one.

I feel like I just woke up from a coma.
I’m now trying to figure out how to work everything.

CSA

yes it stops when the car comes to a complete stop , but going down hills and applying any pressure on the brakes causes it to start shaking and sometimes die out, it has a little over 176 thousand on it

Torque converter lockup clutch.

Thats what i was thinking @Circuitsmith . How would i find out if thats th issue , should i do a stall test ?

Anyone vote for a brake vacuum booster?

I expect these symptoms may be caused by more than one thing wrong.

But here’s something to consider: When a reasonably recent vintage (1990’s & up) fuel injected econo-box car decelerates approaching a stop, if you have your foot completely off the gas, the engine computer completely stops the fuel injectors. This is to increase fuel mileage. It’s not necessary to burn fuel as the car decelerates. And if everything works correctly, just before the car comes to a complete stop, the engine computer restarts the fuel injectors, to avoid having the engine stall. On manual transmission cars, this is easy to verify as the driver will notice the car “spurts” ahead a little just as the car comes to a stop. That’s the fuel injectors being turned back on. The OP’ers symptoms may have something to do with all that not working correctly.