These people share the road with you

No doubt, but shouldn’t it occur to them that something is wrong if–for the first time–the “gas” nozzle doesn’t fit into the filler opening? I have a hard time believing that these folks didn’t splatter diesel fuel over the side of their car, onto the ground, and probably onto their shoes when the diesel nozzle didn’t fit into the filler opening on their car.

To use a legal reference, shouldn’t a “reasonably intelligent person” realize that something is not right, and shouldn’t that cause them to stop as soon as the diesel fuel starts spewing?
:thinking:

2 Likes

I’m one of those people, except the leases are for 3 years. I don’t even get them washed.

Yeah, my wife did that with her Silhouette. I offered to fix it, but she preferred to just count the miles. When the trip odometer crossed 200 miles, she would start thinking about gassing up. .

"VDCdriver,
To use a legal reference, shouldn’t a “reasonably intelligent person” realize that something is not right, and shouldn’t that cause them to stop as soon as the diesel fuel starts spewing?

You would think so but common sense seems to be in short supply these days as far as the nozzle not fitting I posted awhile back that I found that the nozzles at some BP stations are small and green so it easy to pump diesel inti a gas tank and I would think there are also others the same way.

You are probably correct. I haven’t gassed-up anywhere except for Costco stations for ~ one year, and Costco doesn’t dispense diesel fuel in my area.

1 Like

I have never found diesel fuel stains on the side of a vehicle that was towed in with diesel contamination. Look at the picture in post # 17, it is easy to insert a diesel nozzle at least part way into the fill tube.

Yes, death in the family, illness, overburden with bills etc. Empathy?

"Nevada_545,
Yes, death in the family, illness, overburden with bills etc. Empathy?

All true but I can’t see that for as many distracted people that I see every time I go anywhere.

1 Like

I’m waiting for someone to pump gas into their charging port.

6 Likes

I’ve seen gas sized handles on diesel pumps before. At one of my old jobs our satellite truck was diesel, and we had an account with a gas station near work. It always annoyed me because they had the small nozzle, and a weak pump, so filling that thing took an eternity.

It’s even worse now, with some diesel pumps being green and others being yellow, which is also the color they tend to make the E85 pumps. I’m just waiting for someone to put E85 in their diesel Jetta. :wink:

“R” for race ain’t too bad.
But “P” for pass is a big no no!

4 Likes

Is that the Rudy Giuliani defense? Problem with that is they aren’t “reasonably intelligent”.

1 Like

No it’s the Tucker Carlson defense. He used it first.

The judge in that case actually agreed that “no reasonably intelligent person” would believe that Carlson’s “reporting” was honest or accurate.

:thinking:

I predict this thread will soon be locked.

1 Like

@Purebred

Wait no longer. I’m guessing there are no charging stations nearby.

Just to revive a dead thread, I had the thought driving back from South Dakota this weekend, that I would much rather deal with distracted and otherwise bad drivers than animals. I can anticipate what a bad driver will do such as come into my lane, run a stop sign, tailgate me, and make allowances as a defensive driver. But animals, wow, they come out of no where, and do crazy things on the road that you simply cannot anticipate. I’ll vote for people instead of cows and deer and racoons and skunks and so on. Yeah and forget the driving 25 miles an hour. Interstate is 80 and two lanes 65, just like the old days. Can’t drive 25 or you’ll get arrested or die of old age before you get anywhere.

1 Like

Uh, distract drivers are animal wrapped in metal cages

1 Like

I once encountered a woman driving on a crowded freeway, talking on the phone, and was writing on a pad of paper using the steering wheel as a desk. She was in the middle lane and traveling 15 mph below the limit, I had to serve to avoid hitting her.

I’ve mentioned this one before, but it is relevant to this thread:

A couple of years ago, I was beginning to drive away from the local post office when I encountered a vehicle coming toward me, in the one-way roadway. I slammed on the brake so that I didn’t get clobbered, and then the woman driving the other car lowered her window, pointed at a sign, and shouted “It says One Way, Do Not Enter. Can’t you read?”.

Yes, you guessed it. The Do Not Enter sign was facing directly toward her.
:crazy_face:

4 Likes

That’s common here…But most are men who are in sales or some type of service job that requires them to drive to different appointments.