The Best Reason Ever to Drive a Stick Shift!

Then I’d have great issue with Costco about that person abusing the clutch, have it written on the repair order in case of future related problems. That know nothing should not be allowed in a customers manual vehicle or even not allowed to work there until proficient in manual trans.

Here at this Ford dealer, EVERYONE ,from the sales showroom to the wash bay, must be proficient in manuals. MUST be.
Out here in the four corners our customer base is at least 40% muanual trans. This is pickup country so most have been raised with manuals and continue to buy them. Our pickup customers continue to want plain-jane. Even the Focus, mustang, and Fiesta car buyers are highly apt to buy manuals.

We recently hired a new service writer and were surprized he didn’t know manual trans. We told him about the liability aspect of ruining a customer’s vehicle. So guess what he did all day his first day ? Out in the back lot practicing on the old 1980 F350 Holmes wrecker ! It was , in fact, learn ( correctly ) or no job.
– Now he easily hops from a railroad-service F550 into a Shelby Mustang into a little Focus without blinking.

Too bad someone had to Photoshop that … poorly. It would be more convincing if someone actually posed for that picture, or at least had better Photoshop skills

“Then you can beat what ever is left of their face in with their gun.”

That would probably be a crime, depending on the state.

I see a business opportunity in certain urban areas. But certainly not New Hampshire. Oh, wait a minute!

Carjacking in NH:

I drive a car with a manual transmission. Even better, the ignition switch is on the left side of the steering wheel. If carjacked I can just throw the keys to the bad guy and while he is trying to figure out where to insert the key I can beat him with my Louisville Slugger.
What I’d probably do in real life is s*** in my pants.

I can’t forsee myself making that far of a trip soon. I was kinda browsing craigslist last night for a beater car to learn on. Though, rather than a car, I was kinda tempted by some of the old straight 6 F-150s with a stick. Reason being that the F150 is so popular, I should be able to get it worked on or get parts for it cheap anywhere, as opposed to a Toyota Paseo or some car that hasn’t been made in 15~20 years.
Plus, who couldn’t use a truck now and then when you wanna haul tall/long items you can’t fit in your car/suv.

If you like playing with sticks, get yourself a set of “Tidely Winks” or a “retreiver” dog! I am just joking! But I do not like a manual transmission.