The Answer to the Car Puzzler Is

IF that stuff is true (neither of you document your assertions), that’s a good catch. Now where’s my feeler guage?

Since when is anyone on this site required to document their assertions?
This must be a new rule of which I am not aware.

Anyway, in case anyone is not aware of the federally-mandated safety equipment that impacts on this Puzzler and makes it bogus, the following is factual:

[b]>Side marker lights and reflectors were mandated on all passenger cars produced after January 1, 1970.

5 mph “recoverable” front bumpers were mandated on cars beginning with production for the 1972 model year. In 1982, the Reagan administration amended that requirement to 2.5 mph.[/b]

Rather than having me prove this factual information with documentation, I invite ZW or anyone else to do some research to disprove these facts.

It appears that you’re right about this, IF ONE CAN TRUST WIKIPEDIA. Nonetheless your gratuitous assertion is just as gratuitously denied. DENIED!

Not only the guardrail size bumpers and side clearance lights. Another giveaway, notable from the rear (as in the puzzler situation) is the hugh headrests which first made their appearance in 1969. The puzzler answer is indeed BOGUS.

Just make sure that you provide copious references for our new friend, ZombieWoof.
No matter what factual information you report, he will deny the veracity of your statements in order to try to prove that he is correct.

“Just make sure that you provide copious references for our new friend, ZombieWoof.
No matter what factual information you report, he will deny the veracity of your statements in order to try to prove that he is correct.”

Can you prove that? Perhaps you don’t understand rhetoric as it is traditionally taught. Anything gratuitously asserted can be just as gratuitously denied. In my day this was high-school stuff.

Dear Internet:

I am given to believe that in the real world there is something called "citing a source".  One source would be fine, no need to attribute to me a request for copious sources which I never made.  Although, some might say that proves my point.

See: http://tinyurl.com/ygozagc

Well done!

where’s my feeler guage?

It’s the markings on the sextant.

What is a “guage”?

I thought you had it expecially after I wiki’ed sextant and saw the micrometer and vernier stuff. The only problem was how to use those markings to create a feeler gauge, and I chalked that up to my own mental slowness. I knew that there was paper on board, but I didn’t connect the dots.

@VDCdriver:

“What is a ‘guage’?”

It is the correct spelling of the word, which has been suppressed by the international bankers, Khazars, and Illuminati for centuries.

just curious - would Inernational Harvester’s Scout or Travelall make the list?

I was thinking of setting up some kind of sightline using the sextant set up like a low power microscope somehow.
But I couldn’t see the forest for the (pulverized) trees.

There was an exemption for low production companies. In this reference, it says it was 10000 vehicles per year. I believe that it was lowered to 500 vehicles per year later. The Avanti II motor car company never achieved this threshold of production as it only produced a few cars per year.

If a 4 digit number is divisible by 3, then any number with the same four digits will be divisible by 3. So the painter got the numbers in the wrong order. On the bright side, maybe he could have used a proctologist!

This is a different Puzzler from the one mentioned in the original post, and so it should have its own thread if you want to discuss it.

Nothing to do with 4 digits, this works with any multiple of three.

I wish they would post the answer and the new Puzzler on Mondays like the site promises!!!

VW Karmann Ghia. The incremental Federal-mandated differences amount to about the same as those on the Checker Marathon. Same body style from 1956 to 1974. Many fewer exterior detail changes than on the Beetle of the same period. I don’t know it as well, but I’ll bet the Land Rover had a good long unchanged run in the 60s and 70s, too.