Tapped a car while trying to get out of parking

$13,000 ??? How bad was the damage??

It was just some front side bumper and fender damage. Apparently it costs a lot of fix Lamborghini fenders.

1 Like

Damn. I feel like I need to increase my insurance liability just in case if i hit a Lamborghini

I was wondering about that myself. So far Iā€™ve managed to avoid the problem, knock on wood.

Thatā€™s something I cannot understand. Cyclists riding on the sidewalk next to perfectly good bike lanes.

1 Like

Enjoy life and keep going. There is nothing to claim.

If you run into him again, you are very accident proneā€¦:slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it is all water under the bridge by now, I would hope so, me I would forget it you did your due diligence, but I am sure the worry still lingers. Sleep well and drive on.

I was taking a walk in my neighborhood a year or two ago when the mayor ā€“ who was running for re-election and out canvassing for votes I think ā€“ he comes up to me to ask how I think the city & its government is working. I told him overall ā€œokā€, but one problem I was having is people riding bicycles on the sidewalk. Iā€™m a frequent pedestrian and have nearly been hit a couple times by bikes riding on the sidewalk. Also as a driver Iā€™m not expecting bikes to be on the sidewalk so it is dangerous practice and one suggestion to improve the city is to be more pro-active about that problem. Enforcement, training, etc. The mayor, he looks like Iā€™ve just told him aliens from outer space have landed ā€¦ lol ā€¦ then he says ā€œAre you serious? Bikes on the sidewalk are a big problem for you? I canā€™t see that ever being much of an enforcement or training priority.ā€

1 Like

Our fair city bikes can ride on the sidewalks in residentialy zoned areas, but not in business zonded areas as may businesses have doors right where the sidewalk ends. Now I do a bit of bike rideing, but comeing back from the 4th fireworks on my bike I was mostly in the street, but there were areas where there was not enough rom on the street to feel comfortable. Now I have an old school 10 speed, 1 1/4" tires, but always went to the grass for passing or approaching pedestrians. Sure the skinny tires are a risk, but sidewalks are for people first. Too many I me my mine,

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=I+my+me+mine+beatles&&view=detail&mid=A94E6017D9B1BE04DED4A94E6017D9B1BE04DED4&FORM=VRDGAR

1 Like

We canā€™t get people to walk on the sidewalks where I live, much less ride on them. It goes right in front of my house. My taxes paid for it, and I have to maintain it in the winter, but everyone walks on the street anyway and blocks traffic for reasons that escape me.

Back to the original question. Yes, you are fine. They donā€™t call them ā€œbumpersā€ for no reason.

I live in a city and park on the street. I buy new cars, and after a few years, the bumpers have a few scratches. After 10 years, the bumpers are covered with scratches and dents.

Part of life in the city. I do have an argument with car designers that make the bumpers so fragile and easy to damage (bumper covers actually).

edit: and so expensive to repair/replace

We have that problem in my neighborhood too. Since Iā€™m a frequent pedestrian myself, I am aware of one reason why someone might prefer to avoid using the sidewalk, especially during a night stroll. In the summer, especially on hot days, for some reason small spiders decide to string a web for over-night use running from cars parked on the street back to bushes on the other side of the sidewalk. So when you walk on the sidewalk you keep getting those spider webs hitting you in the face. I donā€™t mind it myself, but I could imagine other people might prefer to avoid it by walking in the street.

I have another problem thatā€™s probably unique to me. There are a few walkers at night who like to bring their portable lasers with them. Why, Iā€™m not sure. It seems sort of rude. Some of those lasers are really bright, the green type, and me, Iā€™d prefer not to have the bright laser light accidentally directed toward me while Iā€™m walking or driving.

Have not had that yet, what in the heck would you think I need to take this on a walk for, blind a pilot and watch the plane crash?

You know what Barky? I have no idea why someone would want to bring their laser along for a neighborhood stroll. It takes all kinds I guess.

Yes, but I hear the lasers can cause eye damage, not like we donā€™t have enough laws already, but I would like to add the lasers that can cause eye damage to the list of illegal.

All lasers can cause eye damage with extended exposure. I think some states do regulate how high of an intensity level lasers can be sold. Those green ones are especially potent!

1 Like

Course I suppose it is silly to worry about laser lights when guns are so prevalent. Now car related, I suppose there are less incidences of harm drive by laser light than drive by shootings. Not that I am against guns, I am against stupid use of anything that hurts someone else that is an innocent victem.

2 Likes