Surrender a vehicle before lease term ends

I wanted to know if I can surrender (return) my Honda Odyssey before lease ends. Is there any negative impact on my credit? Do I have to buy their (Honda) car when I return my vehicle? What happend to unpaid amounts?

I am not satisfy with my Honda, and thinking about getting Toyota. However, I still have 2.5 years to go before the lease ends. What can I do?

Read the fine print in your lease…They will not let you terminate the lease unless you pay a HUGE penalty, making this the most expensive cost-per-mile vehicle you have ever owned…Leasing a car is bad enough as it is…Terminating a lease is 4 times as bad…

Reason #7 why not to lease a car.

I guess I am stuck with the vehicle for another 2.5 years.

I’m afraid so. What don’t you like about it? Some things can be improved.

What makes you think the Toyota is going to be any better? They’re both reliable, boring minivans. If you covered up the badges, I probably couldn’t tell you which was which.

You might be able to let someone assume your lease. Read your leasing document for guidance. You can do a web search for “auto lease trader” and find several sites that make a market in lease trading. I’m sure that they have valuable insights. Just be sure that you know what you are getting into.