Subaru Forester 2005; Bridgestone Insignia SE200 tires

I just purchased a set of these all-season tires, but would appreciate hearing about the experience of others who have had these tires. Live in Colorado. From the reviews I have read, opinions vary wildly.

Have you checked out tirerack.com? They’ll have lots of reviews.

How others feel is unimportant. It’s how YOU feel about them. Most people don’t give them much thought…

Opinions about a given tire ALWAYS vary wildly. There must be a reason you chose these tires. As long as you’re satisfied with them, don’t worry about what others think.

For what it’s worth I have Bridgestone tires (Turanzas, not Insignias) on both of my cars and I’m very pleased with them.

You’ve got 'em now. If the reviews were bad would you replace them? If you don’t feel the tires do well in winter weather, then you can get dedicated winter tires to handle the ice and snow.

Most all season tires are fine for 3 of the 4 seasons, but the 4th winter season is too much for them in areas with ice, snow, and big hills. Winter tires have softer rubber compounds in the tread. This gives them more traction on cold pavement and ice. If all season tires had soft rubber they wouldn’t last, you’d need new tires every 15 to 20K miles.

Exactly

Wouldn’t it have been more appropriate to have solicited opinions on these tires prior to purchase? At this point, it would be a good idea for the OP to see if these tires meet her needs for winter traction, rather than taking random opinions from strangers.

I would suggest that the OP simply drive the car very carefully in inclement weather, and assess the degree of control/roadholding that these tires provide. If they prove to be inadequate, then she should consider replacing them for the winter months with real winter tires.

Most so-called all-season tires are really three-season tires, and cannot compare to winter tires in terms of improved traction for starting, turning, and–most important of all–stopping. However, only the OP can determine if her new tires meet her driving needs and driving patterns.

You know you have a 30 day buy and try from Bridgestone. If your not past it see how they go for you. Tires have strengths and weaknesses and are really individual. Unfortunately no winter conditions likely to try them in.

Winter driving traction is where majority of all-seasons fall on their face hard.