Stephanie's '85 VW Van won't start when warm, Feb. 19

Stephanie’s 1985 VW Van would start fine when cold, but had trouble restarting after it warmed up. She usually has to wait 5-10 minutes.

The answer she got was the starter needed replacing. I had exactly the same problem on a '01 Volvo XC70 and it was a loose electrical connection on the starter. After a long trip waiting until it would start every time we stopped, we took it to our dealer and he found the loose connection and tightened it up. No charge. Fixed it.

First…Do we know Stephanie? LOL Second…You really arent giving us ANYTHING to work from. When you are having the issue does your engine “turn over” and not start? Or does it do NOTHING when you turn the key.

You need to walk us thru the exact issue from start to finish. You get in…turn the key to try and start the VW and WHAT HAPPENS… A click? The engine turns over but doesnt start…what?..

NEED MUCH MORE INFO

Wow. Sounds like somebody’s got a case of the MONDAYS. LOL. The DATE in the title could be a “CLUE”.

I will try to TRANSLATE:

“There was this thing on the Feb. 19 show where someone got told they needed a new starter. I had the same problem and it turned out to be just a loose connection.”