Starting fluid spray can straw

I wish cans of starting fluid had a straw that could direct the spray into a tight space. Anyone else ever wished for that?

No…but I’ve used the “straw” from my WD-40 many times on many different cans. Check your starting fluid can and see if the straw will fit.

I wish the freakin straw would stay in the nozzle. One squirt and it goes charging across the room. Low grade manufacturing.

I’m guessing the manufacturers don’t want to deal with the “the straw blew into my intake manifold” calls.

No....but I've used the "straw" from my WD-40 many times on many different cans. Check your starting fluid can and see if the straw will fit.

Indeed, the straw wouldn’t fit well enough, so I have been using the whole spray assembly off of the WD-40 can and holding it on top of the starting fluid can. It just loosely covers the valve on the starting fluid can. I just remove the wing nut on the air cleaner and there is enough space to insert the straw between the carburetor stud and the top of the air cleaner. A one second burst of spray is about all I give it before starting the engine.