Smells like isopropyl alcohol

Ok so today is July 31 2018. Bought my daughter a 07 ford edge. As soon as i gurn her AC of i gwt an overwelling alcohol smell which goes away after 5 min. I uses an evalopator cleaner which helpped but didnt gwt thw smell 100 % out. Her AC unit does have a leak so i dont know if what im smelling is leaking Freon? Please help if possible. Thanks.

Ever hear of proof reading ?

1 Like

Not sure what you are asking, but the smell could be a leaking heater core. Any fluid dripping out the floor vents? Windshield fogging up? Coolant level dropping?

1 Like

Check the glove box for a bottle of touch-up paint. Mine blew inside the glove box due to extremely hot weather. The chemical smell filled up the whole cabin for a while.

Could the recent respondent try to get a friend or relative who is a native speaker of English to re-post the information? Currently, Iā€™m not sure that anyone can deduce exactly what Fernando Lucha is attempting to tell us and ask us.
:thinking:

Windshield washer fluid would be something to look at. There may be a small slow leak somewhere.

I have an answer for you. The medicinal alcohol smell is sometimes overwhelming and intermittent. It comes through the heater vents and is caused by a leak from the heater core. Youā€™re smelling the buildup burning off and coming through into the cabin.