Small car with big cargo space

Can’t hide a body or drugs in a wagon now, can you? But seriously, I will never spend a dime on a useless trunk.

People do drive wagons, even if they deny it. I don’t want to replace large and expensive tires when they wear out. I don’t want suspension and propulsion bits exposed to the wind when they can be shroud by the aerodynamic body. I don’t want to lift that desk waist high when I only have to lift it knee high to load it in my box.

I’ve been looking at cars driving around town, and the Fit does seem like a good size. I don’t like the teeny weeny back and hatchback windows on some of the other cars; I like really good visibility especially on I-5. In the rain. In the dark. Which is about half the year here. I still want to know if anyone has an opinion on the Ford Escape Hybrid (2006, 2007, 2008)- it is supposed to get 29-34 city and 27-31 hwy. I need to get out and start driving soon. This chat thing is kind of addictive, isn’t it. Thanks.

While I can’t vouch for the hybrid, the normal ones are fairly decent. The higher seating position and entry/exit should be easier on the legs than falling into, and crawling out of, lower sitting vehicles.

Mazda5? Three rows, the seats fold down easily for extra cargo space. The gas mileage is also pretty decent.