Sluggish acceleration/power

No its not

Then there’s nothing wrong with the spark plugs

Tester

Do you now have the correct amount of oil and transmission fluid in it?

Spark plugs in most cars will last 100000 miles. But spark plugs in an engine that is overfilled as badly as this one get coated with so much oil that they “foul” and can’y fire. If your car was running fine before you did this, the extra fluids would have no effect on your fuel injectors or fuel filter.

This car has only 4 spark plugs and they are easy to change.

1 Like

The oil capacity for that car is just under 4 quarts. Even if the oil pan was bone dry (It doesn’t sound like it was) the OP still would’ve overfilled it significantly.

1 Like

Lots of possible reasons for this but I would like to list down common problems.

• Bad or Clogged Fuel Injector
  • Defective Fuel Pump
  • Dirty Airflow Sensor
  • Failing Catalytic Converter
    -Vacuum Leak

A mechanic would inspect and just list down how much it would cost for the necessary repairs. Get it checked.

I’d love to hear how you think overfilling the engine oil by five quarts can affect the fuel pump, so please give us the details.

I would strongly suggest you bring this car to a shop and have them check all fluid levels, diagnose your symptoms, and teach you proper method of checking all fluids. Not everyone is privy on things as even checking oil. If you can not afford a shop you should find someone with moderate mechanical skills and get fluid levels where they go and change plugs. You can go online to learn proper way to check all fluid levels. Oil: car not running for at least 5 minutes. Pull dipstick, wipe dipstick clean, reinsert dipstick all the way, count to 5, remove dipstick. Look at both sides of dipstick. Oil levels on dipstick should never be below lower line and never above higher line. Use owners manual or go online to learn transmission fluid check procedure.

I am going to give it you straight OP.

I owned the exact same make and model. It too had oil leakage issues, though I was never sure if it was my fault or not. I am on my third vehicle now, someone totalled it when they ran into my backend.

Anyway; with any vehicle you should check the fluid levels before doing any “topping off”. Oil is one of those fluids in a car that won’t normally significantly deplete between oil changes, unless there is a problem. Oil leaks are not a huge problem so long as you know how to take care of them.

If you read nothing else in your automobile manual read the details about fluids, the location of these fluid containers in your vehicle, and the safety warnings.

That being said, on this model of vehicle 3.9 quarts (that is almost four of those bottles of oil you can purchase at a gas station). I recommend that you have someone drain some of it along with the transmission. Transmission fluid will never run out, it will simply get dirty after a lot of mileage, where it is then recommended to change the fluid but do not flush it, some shops use a machine for this and it can harm the delicate parts inside.

HOW TO CHECK YOUR OIL: locate the yellow ring handle sticking out of the engine. Pull it out, wipe off all of the fluid with a paper towel.Insert it back where it came from. Pull it back out and examine where on the dipstick the oil level is at. There should be two lines etched into the dipstick near the bottom. Preferably the oil level is near full but never over the top mark, if you’re doing this yourself. A mechanic will put the exact amount in and from then on unless your engine burns oil (you have blue or whitesmoke coming out of the tailpipe) or leaks it, you won’t need to refill it until the next oil change.It is a good idea to periodically check the levels on the oil dipstick.

You may check the transmission fluid ocassionally for a ‘burnt’ smell, and/or red/brown color. As I said it does not lose fluid. You seem like someone who doesn’t understand vehicles. I recommend you check out these channels on YT (this is a recommendation, not an endorsement): ScottKilmer, EricTheCArGuy and ChrisFix to learn more. The older the vehicle the easier it is to fix and some day you may DIY things on them.