Simple oil change turns into co$tly disaster for Oklahoma woman

You can only have two, pick the two you want, but you can’t have all three…

Triangle of automotive repair

I just had the trans fluid changed. No dipstick
Shifts fine. No puddles.

Just off topic but I haven’t been in a shop for a year but my last two times, I was about $100 off on my mental estimate. Seems like what used to cost $150 now costs $250. Two different shops. I’ll survive but guess I’ll have to update myself. Next oil change I’m going to charge myself an extra hundred and see if the wife notices.

You deserve the extra $100 imho … lol …

1 Like

only $500? it will cost more for a lawyer, and court costs, then she’ll ever get.

This is why I stick to the dealer.

Going to the dealer is no guarantee. I had a dealer fail to replace the drain plug with an oil change.

Gosh, I guess we may never know :pensive:

Anytime a Human is involved, a failure can happen, anytime a computer is involved, a glitch (or whatever) can happen… It is not a perfect world and Sh%t happens… But the better trained and more experienced a person is in the given field, the lower the failure rate is…

2 Likes

And the true measure of a professional, whether an individual or a shop, is not whether they make a mistake, but rather how they deal with it when it inevitably happens.

5 Likes

Well said,even the free oil change of Toyota then it takes me couple minutes to check the last time overtighten camry canister oil filter that I found out way later.

About 40 years ago I took my car to a Jiffy Lube for an oil change. After driving a mile or two I noticed the smell of burning oil. They forgot to put the oil fill cap back on the engine. I took it back and they made sure the oil was properly refilled and paid to have the engine compartment steam cleaned without threats from me.

As for the lawyer, maybe she has cheap access to one. My son in law is a lawyer and would be happy to handle an incident to me like this for free.