Should I change out my anti freeze?

From previous on this site,
TriedaqJul '13
I owned a 2006 Chevrolet Uplander which, on the recommendation of my independent garage, had the radiator flushed and the Dex Cool replaced with universal coolant. That was three years ago in 2010. My son now owns the Uplander and there has been no problem with the universal coolant.

TesterJul '13
When possible always get rid of the Dexcool and use one of the universal antifreezes.

Tester

Get notified of discussions about your car!

ok4450Jul '13
The Dex Cool would be gone if the vehicle was mine. For what it’s worth, the 96 Camaro that my oldest son owns uses Dex Cool and that car went through 3 water pumps (counting the original) in about 4 or 5 years time not to mention the sludging problems.

On the last pump replacement I flushed it out, replaced with green, and never a problem since.
That’s going on 8 years now…

missilemanJul '13
I would never own a vehicle with Dex-Cool flowing through it’s engine. I always flush it out and replace it with the tried and true green stuff. Never had a problem in all the years I have done it.

Not just green stuff but global or universal is the important point. @common_sense_answer

Of course it was 100k miles ago I switched to peak global, still waiting for an issue.