Should I buy an old car with low mileage or a new car with high mileage?

So I want to get a new used car and I’m seeing the same car with the same mileage and in similar condition but $5,000 less since its 5 years old. I don’t need the updated features and styling, I just want something that I don’t need to take into the shop every 3 months. So should I get the older care with the lower price or the newer car and higher price?

That is always a hard question, but in this case it is especially hard because you did not tell us what make it was, and yes, that can make a difference.

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of those features you say you don’t need in a newer car, you could wish you had lying in a hospital bed.

I would be most interested the current condition of each car and not worry about the miles a car has. If the owner failed to maintain it, run. If they did maintain it, you have a better chance of getting a good car.

If I had to make a choice, I would recommend buying the one that has had the opposite type of use as you intend to give it.

Why not buy a newer one with lower miles? You get what you pay for. What is this mystery machine?

“If I had to make a choice, I would recommend buying the one that has had the opposite type of use as you intend to give it.”

That’s an excellent point; you can certainly use a plow/tow truck lightly and plow/tow with one that had light use previously. Both seem to have plenty of useful life left.

what are the vehicles, their mileage and their maintenance records?