Shaking problem

???2000 Honda CRV Engine 4 CYL???

Recently noticed my 2000 CRV engine shake/vibration the steering wheel and the desk broad also shaking as well. Engine light at first it blink then stay on. Low_RPM. Start fine run fine and everything work! 4 brand new tires less a year old. I greatly appreciated your advice how to get it fix?

Please email me: yc3315@gmail.com

Thank you very much!!

If your Check Engine Light (CEL) blinks, that indicates that you have a serious issue with your engine that needs to be attended to by a mechanic as soon as possible. There are many possible reasons why the CEL might blink, but this is something that a mechanic needs to determine in order to be able to fix it.

You could have the OBD system scanned (free-of-charge) by an auto parts store, but ultimately a mechanic will need to perform the necessary repairs. Many members of this board could give you a list of possible sources of the problem but–and I say this with all due respect–if you don’t even know how to determine how many cylinders your engine has, it is very doubtful that you would be capable of fixing the problem. (Hint: All CR-Vs have 4 cylinder engines)

Get this vehicle to a competent mechanic (NOT a chain operation like Midas, Meineke, Monro, Sears) as soon as possible because repairs that are delayed are invariably more expensive than repairs that are done on a timely basis. Also, if this is not repaired promptly, you could very likely wind up being stranded when the engine suddenly decides to stop running altogether.

Incidentally, if you don’t know the model year of your vehicle, all you have to do is to look at your vehicle’s Registration. That document, as well as the Title, will specify the model year of your CR-V.

That CEL (check engine light) is just a kid in class waving her hand trying to get you attention because she has the answer. You need to have the codes read. Some places will read them for FREE. Try Autozone or Advanced Auto Parts. Get the exact code (like P0123) not just their translation into English and post it back here. 

Regarding warning lights:

1. if the coolant temp light comes on, shut off the engine ASAP

2. if the oil warning light comes on, shut off the engine ASAP

3. if a FLASHING MIL/CEL comes on, shut off the engine ASAP

ASAP means driving to the berm of the highway right now and not waiting for the next exit.

But if the MIL/CEL is not flashing, then it’s not an urgent indicator.

Generally we don't e-mail answers, you need to come back and read them and then if needed respond to them so everyone gets to see and profit from the responses.