Service Protection direct

Perhaps the best way to respond is to say “could you hold please?” then set the phone down and go read a good book. Go back to the phone at your own convenience.

If you just shred the money and put it in a jar, you’ll at least be able to see it for a long time. Better yet, copy some money and shred IT and put the real stuff in the bank. That warranty will never pay for repairs. You may not be walking into a trap but don’t dive into an empty pool. It’s a pyramid scheme without the stones.

Buying that insurance is just adding another layer of cost.

You have a problem. Someone has to figure out what is wrong and fix it. They might need to buy parts and they need to cover their cost and make a fair profit. You pay the cost.

Now add one of these insurance plans, and let’s assume a good one. Now you add a salesman who will be paid out of the money you pay an building full of people administering the added paperwork (which you will pay for) and all the cost you would have had anyway. Now add the possibility that the insurance company may not be around when you need them and you have a bad idea.

The only justification is an insurance company that you have checked out and found to be sound and your need to avoid unexpected cost and you are willing to pay extra to avoid the unexpected part. On average you will by definition pay more with insurance.

I have health insurance. I can’t afford a very serious illness. With the insurance I can. I will likely pay more in the long run with insurance, because I am not likely to have one of those very expensive things, but I don’t know that now so I am willing to pay a little more overall to insure that I am not stung with cost I can not pay.