Selling a car with no plates or insurance

Earlier this year we got a great deal on a lease of a new car. We already had two. We planned to sell the one that was most problematic. Because we had a lot on our plate at the time and knew that we wouldn’t be able to sell it right away we discontinued the insurance to save money and surrendered the plates to the dmv. We’ve been running the car in the driveway periodically to keep the battery charged.

What is the best way to sell a car with no plates or insurance. Do I have to go down to the dmv and ad the car to my insurance in hopes of a quick sell? Obviously it can’t be test driven without plates. Is there another option?

DMV will tell you everything you have to know.

As-is, for parts only. Or, temp tags and insurance.

Twotone

You should be asking your state’s DMV about this.

You could try eBay. Maybe someone will buy it without a test drive.

What are the make, model, and mileage on this car? How many miles on it?

deleted.

I’m not used to the tags yet: Chrysler Concorde. But how old is it, and how many miles are on it?

You will have a hard time selling a car that can’t legally be test driven.

Your first step should be to find out its approximate value (e.g. www.kbb.com) and compare that with what you would have to invest for insurance and license plates. Once you sell the car, you can get a refund on the unused portion of your insurance. I don’t know how much you could get back on the license plates. If making the car legal to drive costs as much as it is worth, donate it to a charity for the tax deduction or sell it to a junk yard.