Self service car wash undercarriage

I got a 2002 corolla in chilly NY state with dirty winter snow and salt on the road after relocation fm tropical area. As a budget user, try to use nozzle of high pressure cold water from the coins driven self-service pump in car wash station to spray under carriage for rust prevent. Is it safe especially for area not sealed under the hood by the jet of pressured water, may disconnect any pipe, break any wire underneath which is exposed to the air? Any instruction or tip for underbody spray by self wash in heavy snow region in winter?

Appreciate any opinion!!

Richard fm rochester NY

I wouldn’t do it every day, but I think it wouldn’t be a bad idea to get that salt and grime off of the chassis.

Under the car is fine. However since some of those places re-cycle (filter) the water, you could be spraying salt water.

Never use that high pressure hose under the hood.

I live in an area that doesn’t salt the roads, fortunately, but I usually run my cars through the (brush-less) automatic washes with the undercarriage spray whenever they see rain or snow (usually a few times per week). Just try to clean out all the little crevasse you can get to.