Second Opinion on a 2006 Suzuki Forenza that needs a complete auto head job

I need to know what the usual cost for a 2006 Suzuki Forenza that needs a complete auto head job; includes water pump, timing belt, etc.

The best “second opinion” can only come from a local shop. We can guess but that’s all because we can’t see or inspect the engine. Don’t be afraid to get a third opinion as well. Sometimes…the third one is a charm.

thank you

You’re welcome. That’s what we get paid the “big bucks” to do. I’m kidding here because this forum is staffed with well educated, knowledgeable people who do this on their own free time. Please feel free to post back at any time with any automotive related or nearly automotive related subject on your mind.

In my market Suzuki vehicles have no value so it would be replacement time for the vehicle.

“Auto head job”??? Sorry, but what the heck is that?

^
Thank God that I am not the only one who was confused by that reference.

I suspect she means only that the engine needs a timing belt, with water pump, etc.

The car is just old enough that it’s probably on its original timing belt.

While you are probably right, @jesmed‌ , but possibly not. A head gasket comes to mind, which very much changes the equation.

I can give you some input from my recent experience. I too have a 2006 Suzuki Forenza. I got some quotes for timing belt and associated parts (all spec’d as a “kit”) and went ahead with replacing mine. In northern California, the quoted cost will be at a minimum of $700. Expect a range between $700-$1k depending on the shop, with $700-800 being about a good average price.

If the car is in good condition still, and you’re not looking for another car yet, it’s not a bad price to pay. But if you want to get a new car or a newer used car, then perhaps time to upgrade/switch as the car value is indeed pretty low (I think about $4k max in northern California by KBB value, etc).