Screw in new tire - edge

Shoulda put some adhesive on the threads. :blush:

1 Like

That is actually an interesting idea. Could a cheapskate such as myself get away with such a thing? Put some pipe thread sealant on the screw threads, and screw it back in? Especially if it’s a countersunk-type screw.

jt and bc;
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe some rubber adhesive and screw it! In more ways than 1.
Too late now a new tire is on the way. And at this point in my life I guess I’m more concerned with not having a roll over accident than when I had that bug.

Only as a temporary fix. The new tire is the right thing. You and your family are worth it.

Not sure I’m worth it but if I died because I had a screw in my tire my wife would kill me.

1 Like

Just thinking back, I think I had three mishaps with tires in the last ten years. All of them were on tires that were already on the car when I bought it so insurance wasn’t a factor. I’ve never bought it anyway. I just figure on a tire once in a while or a new set at the worst. Then it seemed like it wasn’t too long after that I just put a new set of tires on. I never liked having a tire that had a patch on it, especially if you are out of town, at night, and on weekends a lot.

So as one who has used pipe compound, forget it on a tire. There is rubber cement used for that purpose, as one who has patched a few inner tubes also. I may be an amateur but I know the proper way to repair a tire. The tire shop I go to won’t even use a plug anymore and insists on a boot, for the reasons in the video of leaks between the belts. There is being frugal and then there is being fool hardy.

Sorry if you folks weren’t really serious about leaving the screw in, and using pipe compound on it. At some point though kids may be listening and think you are serious.

1 Like