Scam of the Week

“We have the caller id, and I and wife are like if it is important they will leave a message.”

I have no caller ID or any frills. I let calls go to my $15 answering machine. I’m like if it’s important they will send a letter. I live in rural America and everything is in like slo-o-ow-mo-o-otion.

I carry a smart (that’s not my opinion) phone (sometimes if or when I remember) and check for messages every day or so…).
CSA

@“common sense answer”

“I let calls go to my $15 answering machine”

I wasn’t aware anybody still had a separate answering machine these days :flushed:

Hi, could you please bring this back on topic? Thanks.

I missed out on a cruise for two to Bermuda if I just took the quick survey. I said I didn’t want to go to Bermuda or I would have moved there.

I was working on my car at the time and don’t have caller ID in the garage.

Now I’ve gotten 3 IRS calls on my cell phone today. Holy cow. Don’t these people work? And on my cell which is aggravating because I answer it.

@Bing I got a few last year, it was always a guy with heavy Indian accent. I would ask for a call back number and he would hang up!

I gave a political poll a survey response for politics, the guy sounded like a stoner on his last legs, bud probably 2 months due to pancreatic cancer after a year of chemo, bloated and cancer cells in fluid 42 I think, and mechanic bud same age as me re used to play with mercury, now a thermometer breaks and they close the school and call the men in the white suits. He is like I have probably breathed so much asbestos from blowing out the brakes, the fumes from chemicals for cleaning, smoked and drank my fair share, and him always the clean liver (living person) 20 years younger than us go figure.

He was like man you gotta quit smoking, I only replied I was hoping to get hit by a bus, 25 years younger, never made lead soldiers, never played with mercury, never had a sample of asbestos from an asbestos mine, never smoked, never drank to excess, never ate fruit alongside the road contaminated by lead gas, has a great kid 15, luckily mine is 24, And one reads cancer risk from this that or he other thing, but who the heck knows.

Not to further derail this but it was interesting they arrested 5 involved in the IRS scam on Tuesday. I had gotten three calls on Monday and nothing since, so maybe these were the guys (and gals).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2016/05/24/tigta-announces-significant-arrests-in-massive-irs-phone-scam/#1202c1994fe1

A few arrests is a drop in the bucket. But at least they’re doing something. When they start to make THOUSANDS of arrests I’ll be happy. And let’s give these criminals some real jail time. 10-20 is a good start.