Saab 2000 9-3, 75,000 miles

How good is this car? I’m thinking of buying it and it has 75,000 miles. If I have a limited income and now own a corolla with 32,000 miles, will I have to pay a great deal to keep this car looking good and working well?

I can see no reason to expect things to go better by changing from a Toyota with 32,000 miles to a Saab with 75,000 miles

If you have a limited income, I don’t understand why you would want to change from a high mpg model with an exceptionally good reliability record and only 32k on the odometer, to a car with a less enviable reliability record, a lower mpg rating, and more than double the odometer mileage.

Is this a trick question?

Stick with your Corolla. The Saab will be MUCH more expensive to operate and maintain. Anyone with a “limited income” should not be considering Saab ownership. Your Corolla will serve you well for many, many years.

Why, oh why, are you even thinking about this?

I had a 1999 9-3 and it was awful. It needed a new head gasket and turbo all replaced under warranty. Other things went too. I leased this car and was happy to walk away.