Rotating Tires

I bought new balance instead of the rockport last time, the sole peeled off at the heel :(. I super glued it but was not impressed

I still have my old rockports. I use them for fishing now. they look like crap, but are still waterproof, to a certain depth

Speaking of work shoes

I knew a guy that had wing tip style work shoes . . . but there was a steel toe under there!

I must say it looked kind of weird. He had navy blue work pants and a sky blue work shirt, both of which were completely dirt encrusted. He badly needed a haircut and a shave, he had really offensive body odor, yet he had these wingtips on in the shop

He even got sent home once, because he reeked.

But he was stylish . . .

I have the brown Rockports. I have about four pair, one good and the others older ones for around the house. Great shoes.

Hello. I wholeheartedly agree that good shoes are important, but I fear that this thread has gone out of the forum’s subject matter. Would you mind redirecting it to car topics? Thank you.

they are rubber soles, kinda like the tires on cars we were talking about. and mechanics need work shoes…

I always get fairly flat soles that grip on water so I don t slip on steel, but I think mechanics like oil resistant soles because of the grease in the repair bays, is that correct?

@‌wesw

You’re absolutely correct

Another good attribute is non-marking . . . customers don’t like black spots on their cream beige interior

Wes, be gentle. Carolyn has done a great job assimilating into our free-range think tank. I, for one, bow to the job she’s doing. I have absolutely no problem with her having requested that we make a right turn at “car subjects”.

I also acknowledge that perhaps the actual subject of tire rotation might have reached a dead end. I, for one, would have no problem with moving this one to the back lot and leaving it to be taken over by parasitic vines.

Now if we are talking rotating and shoes, I have to admit I rotate my running shoes. I have two good pairs and alternate between them. This way I have less foot sores. You guys should consider this with work booths.

I have been lazy with rotating tires. Last time I did it on my wife’s Camry, it had 99K miles. Now at 116K miles the front passenger side had more wear on the outer edge. The tires are bought in pairs. So we went to the shop and bought a new pair. Somehow they did not insist to put them on the rear and I wasn’t going to ask to either (the rears are in great shape anyway). Got an alignment and hope this will fix it. I am kind of worried that I need new struts, but don’t have the time to change all 4 even if I went the quikstrut route. I am wondering how many days can I drive without an alignment if I did the front struts and then the rears on the following weekend.

mountain, I thought I did exactly as she asked and steered it back to mechanics needs, obviously car related. but I may be wrong…