Rotating Tires

the guys that got me, were the ones that left their laces loose. a shoe flopping around while you walk takes much more effort to move. their feet would be dragging by lunchtime

Subaru Legacy has AWD. Tires must be rotated at 5k miles. Different circumference tires will stress the AWD system and cause it to fail. If you ever have to replace 1 tire you have to replace all 4 tires or have the new one shaved down to match the worn tires. Don’t mess with this. It will cost you much more in the end.

I remember back in the 60s or early 70s when radial tires became popular.One of the selling points that the manufacturers used was that they said radial tires never need to be rotated.That obviously isn`t true but that still sticks in my mind so I never rotate my tires unless they show signs of uneven wear.

jiminy crickets @dagosa, I hope you are retired because listening to a list of my poor decisions will be a full time job. I should be able to get thru most of them before thanksgiving if we start now…

at least my boy seems to have learned by my mistakes to a degree, and has started on a good path. and my younger sister benefitted greatly by observing my teenage yrs to see what not to do also.

these days I m a bit wiser if a little worse for wear

Friends don’t let friends wear other people’s shoes. Take him down to a Red Wing shoe store for his birthday for a new pair of fitted shoes-just once.

Red wing boots are expensive, but good

I bought a par of red wing work boots several months back. I bought the more expensive insoles, and I also pad extra to have them cover the front in latex . . . because I tend to scuff up my boots real fast.

I noticed a disturbing thing, though. Even redwing now sells Chinese made footwear. The USA made footwear is considerably more expensive. The chinese made redwings were clearly inferior.

Needless to say, I gladly paid considerably more for the “real” USA made boots

They did take several days to break in, but it was worth it. They’re quite comfortable now

I had just happened to buy a nice pair of timberland pro series before I stopped working. I don t care for most timberlands but these are great, with the rubber covered toe and some kind of rebound thing that is nice. they would have lasted 6 months at work but I expect 6 yrs out of them now. mink oil does wonders to keep them nice. iron age are nice too. never tried redwings

I love Timberlands. I’m wearing some as I type. They’re beginning to show uneven wear. Should I rotate them?

Yes - but don’t rotate them front to back, do it left to right (unless, of course you have four feet).

If you rotate them you’ll have to walk backwards but the wear will be even.

Ouch!

you ll have to get your spine rotated or they ll do it again

I have extremely mixed feelings about Timberland pro work boots

On the one hand, the ones I used to get were comfortable from day 1, unlike some other brands

But they cost about $140 . . . steel toed, “hi tops”

And they didn’t last very long. A year tops. The soles were too soft, and after several months, they would actually split in the middle. When you stepped in a puddle and had a wet sock, that’s when you knew it was time for new boots

I finally got tired of wet socks and bought a set of redwings

I had redwings in the past. I only had them a few months, before somebody stole them! Since I had spent a lot of money on them, and barely gotten any usage out of them, it left a really bad taste in my mouth. And I couldn’t bring myself to buy another pair until just recently

My spine really could use an alignment…
No! Not the Chirocracker!

No need to rotate those boots. Just moon walk half the time and the wear pattern will be even.

I have rotated tires regularly. You can go to walmart and buy life time balance & rotation for about $10 dollars a tire here in KY. You get life time rotation & balance for the life of the tire & as long as you own the car.

That is what I did last time, and I got 90K miles out of my good year integrity… $40 for balancing them every 6000 for 90K bang for the buck…

It is worth the money,

I remember back in the 60s or early 70s when radial tires became popular.One of the selling > points that the manufacturers used was that they said radial tires never need to be rotated

I thought it was that radial tires could only be rotated from front to back or back to front - with the reason being they could never be crisscrossed where they would reverse the rotation they started with.

I got a call from home one night back in 1975 after a day of work in the dealership. I crisscrossed the tires on a customer’s car that day while rotating them during a brake job. The customer was furious. They made the service manager open up the shop that night and called me in to “fix it”.

I love Timberlands. I'm wearing some as I type.

I love Timberland BOOTS…but not their shoes. I mainly wear sport-shoes (aka Sneakers). I’m not too far from a New Balance Factory store. Can’t beat their prices…and they are very comfortable. A couple years ago they started making dress shoes. I have a pair of them and Rockports for when I need to meet customers.

do you have the black rockports that the same style has been around for years? I love them! my perfect dress shoe. I hate when most companies change styles every year, you finally find a good shoe and they change it

I think they have the same shoe in brown leather too

do you have the black rockports that the same style has been around for years?

Yup. I have the black and Brown…and I have the brown pair of the New Balance dress shoe. Both are very comfortable.