Rotating Tires and 4 Wheel Drive

We were hoping to get some trusted advice on a reset here at home. We tried disconnecting the battery for about an hour, and it didn’t work. If we can’t get a reset at home here, we may have to try a different dealer after Christmas. Is it possible to convert a push button 4 wheel drive to a manual 4 wheel drive, or disable completely till warmer weather?

If they have the exact circumerance you are good

We thought the fuel pump was the coincidence…it sure sounds like something in the casing…but we can’t find any information on 4 wheel drive repair “how to’s”.

We found some information, but haven’t time to validate it, yet. I will let you know when it has been checked, but please see the attachment, and Merry Christmas!

UH OH! You have a GM product. GM is notorious for transfer case problems, and if you don’t have the same kind of tire all the way around the transfer case problems come even quicker. Then, the bigger the tire you put on the car the quicker problems surface. I worked on federal fleet cars for years: a lot of tax payer money is wasted on GM products.
Two options: fix it and sell it, or tradde it in as is.
Trust me now or regret it later.

We have had this vehicle for almost 5 years, and just love it. I think you are right and this problem originated from the tire rotation, my husband it going with the coincidence…the main thing is we have something to investigate now. This vehicle has always seemed designed to make maintenance accessible, so we couldn’t figure out why the dealer didn’t want to assist. We will investigate after Christmas to see if it is the encoder motor, sensor, or if a manual rotation of the shaft will reset to two wheel drive…it is just too busy right now…kids everywhere. We figure we can try a used one from “Pick and Pull” or a new one for <$150 after we pay a few a bills…MERRY CHRISTMAS!