Right brake light second bulb only turns on with Car remote

Hello, thanks for taking the time to read my question.
I have a Chevy Classic 2005, and I noticed today that a brake light on the right side is not working when I push down on the brake pedal. It looks like there are two bulbs in the right side brake light, the one that’s not working being the rightmost one. However, this particular bulb does turn on when I use my Car remote to lock/unlock my Car. Does this mean that the bulb is functioning and the problem lies elsewhere, or should I replace the bulb?
I had some repairs done to the brake light on the side in question last month after an accident that damaged he light covers, so I am wondering if I should contact the repair center in case it’s related to the repair.

Thank you for any input you can provide!

Replace the bulb. It most likely has 2 filaments. A dim element operates for the park/running light and the brighter element for the brake light. Remove your bulb and count the wire pins at the base. 4 pins equals 2 filaments.

@dap01 What is a Chevy Classic?

Malibu Classic?

I just replaced the bulb and tried out the breaks, looks like its working great! Thank you very much for all your help!

Thanks for getting back with your success,