Replacing a tire on 2005 Subaru Outback

lion9car, thanks a lot for that! will definitely keep that in mind. do you have a link or phone number? thanks!

It’s not in the manual, I just looked.

OP, I gather you bought 2 new tires for the back. I hope that you can find two matching tires for the front when you do get them.

Almost sad to pay $150 or more and have them cut some of it off and not get to use it. :worried:

Yeah in my local area in central Pa. I will do well. The tires on my car had two thousand miles on them and I paid $60 bucks for (4) of them. Yeah sixty dollars. Thanks everyone out there who helped

I remember a button (or was it a lever?) to turn on and off the AWD. My boss’s Subaru wagon that I drove around 1987 had it. The car was probably at least a couple years old at the time.

For the 2005 outback the button for all wheel was optional

Surely you jest…

A court jester I am not! My manual explained it all plus a drawing/picture but that sweet button was not there! Made it home after pleasant 55 mph drive on Pa’s back roads!!

If the tires on your car only had 2,000 miles on them they were still new. Were you able to find tires that match?

Yep same tire size and brand/model

Also tires had 2k when bought but I had at least 10k on them