Replaced struts make car drive worse?

Yup, db, I’m sure.
Compare the holes in the bushings that hold the bar to the chassis on any vehicle with some miles on it to the hole in a new bushing and you’ll find perhaps 1/8" difference in diameter. Every time a wheel goes up and down, the metal bar twists within the rubber bushing. It’s actually a surprise that more of them don’t thunk.

Well the Goodyear dudes say everything is tight, and since they had the opportunity to replace other stuff for more $$$ and didn’t, I’m cool with knowing everything up there is safe. They said they replaced the sway bar ends too. An up side is that the steering wheel used to shudder when braking, which I chalked up to worn rotors, but that is now totally gone, wahoo. I’ll give it a few hundred miles and see how things go. I truly appreciated all the help I found here.

Sincere thanks for the follow up post. It’s great to hear you’ve had it all checked out and greater to hear that it’s all okay. You’ll get used to the new ride in very short order.

Happy motoring,
TSM

Great point. I had same issue with my 06 lucerne. I have 135,000 and i thought everything was fine with front struts but every little bump i hear and feel little clunks. So i purchased 2 KYB excel quickstruts. After Changing them the ride is definitely different, and stiffer. In my mind not for the better. But my boss said they make struts to compensate for older vehicles that may have worn links or ball joints or other wear and tear. After hearing that and driving again now i understand. The wheels are definitely more “on the road” and not as wobbly. (Wasnt bad before and handing is more stable too, but looking back now i see maybe it was bad lol) so take into consideration all the benefits of new parts to other parts when deciding if ride itself seems off. And after driving normally for a month or so you wont even notice it anymore. Struts will have fully settled and you will be used to the feel of the car more now.

Yeah I thought this was an old old discussion. I’m a fan of the quick struts now just for the record. Easier install and everything is replaced. There will be some opinions here though on the best brand.

I had a slight front end noise and pretty sure it was the stabilizer links. Hard to tell though since everything was replaced. Yeah