Replaced coil pack, now turning the key does nothing

I got some audio since I’m out of things I can try tonight. Maybe this will help.

You guys have been the best, I’m incredibly grateful for everyone’s input so far. I’ve learned a lot and you’ve made this significantly less stressful for me.

You sure didn’t crank it for very long in that sound clip. But it almost sounds to me like timing belt broken. Can you pull off the oil cap, look in with a flashlight and have someone crank the engine over while you look if the valves are moving?

@asemaster I’ll have to try that tonight after work. I got more audio this morning, I think I crank it for a little longer in this one, at least for as long as I felt comfortable doing it.

I could be wrong but it sounds like an engine without a timing belt to me.

@Godot

FWIW . . . it sounds as if the starter is at least cranking the engine over

Anything more than that, I woudn’t want to say at this point

Don’t know about your car, but on my Corolla there’s a rubber inspection plug in the timing belt cover – you short of have to know it is there, it would be difficult to find by casual inspection – but it is easy to find once you know where it is, and it makes it possible to easily view the timing belt without removing the timing belt covers.

I don’t have audio capabilities here so can’t listen to your audio file. From what the others say, your starter motor must be cranking at least, so that’s a good thing.

Don’t be afraid to crank that engine longer than that, but it sure sounds like no compression, as in busticated timing belt.

George, I don’t know why the new Fiesta requires a trip to the dealer if the battery is removed, but my local AutoZone will no longer replace the battery in one because they had to pay the tow for one. They won’t replace the battery in many newer cars anymore because they have had to pay the tow on three vehicles so if your car is 2006 or newer, you have to DIY.

Note: this does not apply to all new cars, but AutoZone does not know which models it does apply to and which it doesn’t.

There is a device that plugs into your cigarette lighter that you put a 9 volt battery in that is supposed to allow you to change the battery in these cars without the need for a tow afterward, but you only have a short period of time to do it in.