Rebuilt Flood Cars (Subaru)

If I put my bankers hat on, this is what I would like to see as an example: One car’s history. Where it was submerged and what it was bought for. Then a list of work done and a list of all components that were replaced or components restored. The cost and source of those components, and the labor hours to complete the rebuild. Then the bottom line cost and the sales price to see that the business plan is legitimate. When a car is totaled, it means that the cost of repair is higher than the value. That’s why its sent to the crusher instead of trying to rebuild it. What’s the point in trying to rebuild a totaled car?

“Money ‘from’ Nothing”

Having driven two Subaru’s well over 330,000 miles each (that’s to the moon and back), I will vouch for the idea that a Subaru is damn near impossible to kill. If the job is done well, I would be willing to drive a rebuilt flood car.

But would you buy one for your spouse?
Oops…scratch that…would you buy one for your girlfriend?

@KLMinstructor My Buicks had 530K and 340K on them but I wouldn’t be willing to drive them after being flooded. A Sub is no different than a Ford, Chev, Toyota, etc. when it comes to flooding the electronics, engines, transmissions, mold, etc. but I know where you can get one with a three day warranty.

One would think that with so much optimism on the website and in the posts on this thread about a flood car that at least a 30 day warranty would be provided.

What would be interesting would be to hear from those people who have purchased a flood car and attempted a resale later on.

Why someone would pay anywhere near a full book price on a branded title Subaru when a low miles, non-flooded one could be had for the same price or much lower is misguided at best.

Submarines belong underwater

Cars don’t belong underwater

The confidence that some one who calls himself a builder has in his product is illustrated by his warranty. Three days says it all…

“confidence”

yeah, sure . . .