Rear ended - covered by StateFarm Insurance

That would apply to db’s theoretical situation of a legally parked car then. I was told what I wrote something like 25 years ago while self-insured. The insurance company for the person that struck my car (while both of us driving) told me that in my state, you are assigned blame just for being in the wrong place at the right time (paraphrased). I consulted a lawyer and he told me the same thing and to accept the settlement they proposed as it met the legal precedents. Granted, it is different scenario as I was operating my vehicle but did not violate any rules or regulations and police felt I was blameless. Result was 5% deducted from my settlement with them.

in plain english . . . does that mean you essentially were assigned 5% of the blame?

Another important question . . . did this result in YOUR insurance rates going up?

That is something that I wouldn’t be happy about, if it happened to me, no matter how wise the man is that explains to me why I’m getting a raw deal

2 Likes

Yep.
I was self insured so I kept my rates unchanged :smile:
Yeah, I wasn’t big on the concept, that’s why I asked a lawyer about it before I acquiesced.

1 Like