Rear brake lines

Kick me off then idc!!! I already told u to haha

Who are you asking?

Hi @codynolan6, sorry, I donā€™t plan to kick you off, because you have a question and like I said above I donā€™t think youā€™re trying to kill anybody. It would be cool, though, if youā€™d not use any f-bombs. Otherwise, carry on - seems there are some people trying to answer your question. :slight_smile:

@codynolan6

If you canā€™t figure it out by looking at the lines or by the way Kieth described, Iā€™m really glad you are not my mechanic, if you even are a mechanic.

1 Like

Apparantly to be a mechanic you have to swear, not know the difference between break and brake and not be able to figure out why a brake line goes to a brake block.

2 Likes

@#$#!inā€™ check!

I could fake thatā€¦

Curse that liberal arts degree! Iā€™ll never be a mechanic now! :wink:

1 Like

Naw, it used to be 7th or 8th grade where you learned the difference between break and brake, by and buy, your, youā€™re, you are, to, two, too, whether, weather, wee, we, be, bee, and so on. Woulda flunked Freshman Comp. if you didnā€™t know the difference by then. I give allowances though for people typing on their smart phones and some of the gibberish that results.

Yes Bing the not so smart phones can really make a mess of words. But if you are going to claim to be a mechanic on an vehicle related forum you really should write brakes for those things that stop a vehicle.

if it was me I would cut the metal lines going to each rear wheel, 2 fold and compress.

Years ago, a group of us sat down at a restaurant and this lady just started beep beep beep ā€¦ so much so it would make a trucker blush. When she excused herself, someone at the table said, ā€œdude, your friend talks like a sailorā€. The rather curt response was, ā€œshe IS a sailorā€. Our men and women in uniform totally deserve to have some leeway on their language

Perhaps the easiest thing to do, if it has 4 wheel disc brakes, is to take off the calipers, hang them somewhere, and let them clamp on 2 blocks of wood.

Took a while to figure out what the OP wanted, the car is for demolition derby. If the rear brake lines break (;)) he risks losing all braking. By disconnecting the rear lines, he has enough with the front and can still bang other cars with the rear. @keith gave the best answer, but the OP is either unwilling or unable to work with that.