RAV4 P0407 error code

I have a 99 Toyota RAV4 whose check engine light is on. The error code is P0407. I can’t seem to find anything on the web other than the code definition. I want to know what I need to do to fix this problem. Anyone have any ideas (aside from black tape on the check engine light)?

A. You can take your car to the Toyota dealership or a trusted mechanic who will diagnose your problem and give you an estimate on the repair (if any).
B. You can pull the fuse in the engine compartment for the diagnostic sensor which will make the little light go out until it senses the problem again.

I recommend A. since the mechanic can tell you more about the problem.

That might be the right way, but that is hardly the cowboy way. I’d rather attempt to resolve this myself. At the very least I would like to have an idea of what the problem is before I go to the mechanic. At least then I’ll know if the mechanic is taking the correct action and I would have an idea of how much money I would be spending (ie number of boat payments).

P0407=Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor B Circuit Low.

The EGR position sensor B is showing low voltage for the position of the EGR valve. This could be from a defective sensor or a poor connection to the sensor.

Tester

P0407 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Sensor “B” Circuit Low