Rattling metal noise from the front, but not underneath the hood

I drive a 1999 Plymouth Grand Voyager with 3.3L 6 cyl engine, 2 wh Drive and 136,300 miles on it. It is making rattling noise while deceleraing (while reducing the speed either by brake or by releasing the pressure on gas pedal. This problem started about 2 months ago. This noise has gone when speeding up at any range of speed by pushing the gas pedal. An auto mechanic suggeseted that both front wheel bearing/hub assembly sets needed to be replaced. They were replaced with new, but my minivan has still the same problem. It did not help at all. Anyone can help me on this?

What makes you say its not underneath the hood? Where does it seem to be coming from?

Either way I’d just be looking for a loose heat shield on the exhaust system.

Thank you very much. I am not 100% sure, but it seems to be coming from in between underneath of driver and passenger seats. Is the heat shield on the exhaust system located around there?

There are heat shields in more than one place, but given that spot I’d suspect the one that sits over the top of the catalytic converter.

Whomever it was that replaced your front hub/wheel bearings in response to this noise - shyster. Do not go back to that shop.

Thank you again. I will check with other auto repair shop, and keep the results posted.