Random Reduced power and check engine lights on start-up

Hello, looking for help. I have been battling a random reduced power issue with my 2004 Vue, 85000 miles, 4 cyl engine with manual transmission. On random start ups I will get the reduced power and check engine lights. No codes are logged but the freeze data will read mostly 2176 and occasionally a 2101. I have replaced the throttle body and pedal assembly plus checked and reseated the ecm connections. The problem still shows up randomly at start-ups. If it does appear, it seems that if I shut the engine off, turn the key to on without the engine running for about a minute, then restart the car, the car will start ok. It’s almost as if the ecm has to relearn the throttle or pedal positions when this occurs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks…Greg

Next time turn the ignition on for one minute and then turn the ignition off. Then start the engine

Tester

You have a typical GM problem. I don’t know if there is a solution that is any good other than to get a dealer to admit it and change the PCM. Hey, they may even have a solution but you have to go there to find out. I just traded my 03 Vue in 2006 for an E-150 van and the problem just went away. In other words I didn’t even try to get it fixed. I got tired of people honking at me to get out of their way. I wish everybody could afford to act like that.

i had the same problem with my 2007 Saturn Vue. I replaced the air filter and haven’t had a problem since. I’m not a person who is knowledgeable about car and don’t understand how the two correlate but i works and I’m happy.

I wish I tried that too.