Rabbit not fit for stew

My guess is that Jr. got a nice check from the show’s producers for letting them use his name.
Jr. is worth an estimated $300 million. I doubt that he even remembers that beater exists. He’s probably never even seen it.

I’m impressed …maybe those are “Grow lights”.
Park it over your pot plants over night.
When the plants get too tall…buy some bigger wheels and tires.

Yosemite

Obviously doesn’t use it much to drive through muddy fields.

Red Green?

Triedac- you were having a senior moment, there was no 49 Cord, the last one was 37. They did use that beautiful body on some Graham cars but they didn’t last til 49 either.

I can’t even imagine what it was like to drive that Rabbit on a public roadway. Years ago the service manager at a dealer where I worked got his new SAAB demostrator to drive (one of those perks of the job…) and it was a transfer car from another dealer.

The next morning he asked me align the car due to the front wheels looking a little funny and it being so dangerous to hang onto that he just left it the prior night rather than drive it home.
I pulled it out into the street and didn’t think I’d make it back to the lot alive as it felt like I was wrestling a rhino.

Both front wheels had obvious negative camber and excessive toe-out just from a quick visual. Once on the rack it showed that each front wheel was about 2.5 degrees on negative camber and toe-out was about 1/2".

Once aligned it drove out great but we always wondered how the front was off that much as that was not the norm.

That SAAB was nowhere near the condition of that Rabbit and felt like a death trap.

“there was no 49 Cord, the last one was 37. They did use that beautiful body on some Graham cars but they didn’t last til 49 either.”

Correct…but incomplete…
Graham and Hupmobile–in their last death throes–both used Cord bodies for their 1940 & 1941 models.

Adapting the design of the FWD Cord to the RWD Graham and Hupmobile seemed like a big challenge until it came time to begin actual production–and that was when their real challenge ensued. What neither company had foreseen was that the Cord body wasn’t designed with volume production in mind, and it required a LOT of lead work and hand-finishing.

That reality increased production costs to a great extent, and then when you factor in the very low volume of sales that both companies had by the early '40s, the '41 model year was the Swan Song for Graham and Hupmobile.

@“oldtimer 11” --Thanks for catching my error. My smartphone keyboard is too small for my fingers. I really meant 1949_Ford. The C is right below the F. I do have senior moments all the time however. I still think of any cad made after WWII as a late model car.