Question on HD radio

Whitey, many of the satellite stations have overlap. 80s on classic vinyl for example. If you bought for one station that is a risk. Btw, you don’t need any of their hardware anymore. Streams to my phone now…

None of that makes it worth tolerating crappy customer service.

If you have a cell phone with a large or unlimited data plan, you can also stream Pandora or other internet radio sites into any new radio through the usb port or other input jack

So why bother writing about anything other than your negative experience with thier customer service then?

Patrick good suggestion! I loaded one of the radio apps and can get almost all local and the major stations from around the nation as well. Works great!

I had an aftermarket unit in the car I sold about a year ago that had HD Radio in it. I absolutely loved it for the sheer quality of the sound. I can always hear a faint static with FM stereo at the high end, usually when the announcer is saying something with lot’s of "S"s in it. HD cut that right out. Plus we had a comedy station as second channel (HD2), except from about October to January when it was nonstop holiday music.

I’d briefly considered getting an aftermarket unit with satellite capability, but I just didn’t want to pay for the monthly subscription. I end up listening to my iPod or Pandora in the car the majority of the time anyway.

The main problem with the phone apps is the high compression and overall mediocre sound quality.