Purchasing wheels from junkyard

@Noelm – It appears this thread is quite similar to the one ( Bent rim, fix or replace ) you had in October 2017 so I guess it is not an urgent matter. Unless you have two 2006 Sentra’s with damaged wheels .

Yes, but nobody pointed me out after that until today.

At the local pick n pull the parts prices seem pretty reasonable. If they have what I need it is always a good value. I expect you’ll find the same thing. If you can find the wheels you want, the price won’t likely prevent a purchase. As mentioned above wheel configurations are complicated, have to match the hole in the center, the locations of the studs, the shape of the conical depression where the lug nuts seat, fit over the brake parts, etc. … so not every 15 inch wheel will fit your Sentra. The best plan I guess is to take one of the original wheels with you on your shopping trip, and a tape measure. To minimize risk of unanticipated problems, I’d be inclined to stick with 16 inch wheels if that is what it came with originally.

Just noticed the pick n pull website has a lot of the parts prices. steel wheel 5 lug or less, $7.99 ea.

Thank you. I wasn’t aware of this site. There is nothing within 100 mile radius of me. If it comes to this, I think, will just get generic new wheels. Rock auto has them for less than $60 each

I blew a tire when someone turned wide and squeezed me into the curb; the rim didn’t dent.

I think that’s a sinkhole, not a pothole. Nice picture though. He probably needs more than a new wheel.

Noelm , I don’t think you are using the web to your advantage . I can’t believe there is not a salvage yard , used tire and wheel store or a wheel shop near you .

There are salvage yards around me. I found a few on car-parts (and only after that I made this thread), but not on Pick and Pull. Nothing showed up there.

After reading all the answers and looking at the costs, I have decided, if I go forward with this plan, I will just get new set wheels in 15" after discussing with the mechanic and new set of tires. I don’t want to take chances with the old ones. Do it once but do it right, even if costs more than I would like to spend.

I did that with winter tires for my Civic: mounted on new steel wheels, shipped to my workplace, from tirerack. I have also had tires not available locally shipped to a cooperating garage, who mounted and balanced them.

Noelm, here are 2 reference sites I’ve used a lot for wheels and tires. Tire size comparison will show 2 tires and give exact details to find different sizes and what sizes can be comparable. Road kill customs will open new worlds of rims that will fit your car .https://tiresize.com/comparison/
https://www.roadkillcustoms.com/wheel-bolt-pattern-cross-reference/. My 2000 grand prix has rolled on 15-16 at same time, on various rims, 88 olds rims with 15s with 16" Alero rims, and alternated grand prix rims on recommended 225 60 16s… Offer up, market place, and let go, in that order is my preferred shopping sources for wheels. If I can’t check an aired tire on a rim I’ll keep looking. Enjoy. :paw_prints::paw_prints: PS. If you’re like me and having 2 nickels to rub together means bills aren’t paid yet, harbor freight has tire changers available. I don’t use mine as safely or per instructions as should be but with some common sense and creativity it get gets the job done.