Prius needed 4 quarts of oil

Teachers work long hours.

Now from research I have learned my 2010 has a consumption issue. I guess that wasnā€™t in the owners manual.

Then it should warn that the car will consume 4 quarts in 6000 miles.

Sorry your family member is ill.

The vast majority of engines that suffer oil consumption issues have a root cause of not changing the oil often enough and/or running the engine oil level chronically low due to not checking the oil level.

An engine running several quarts low all the time will drive the oil temperature up dramatically. This in turn leads to sludging, oil coking, and seized oil control rings on the pistons.
Trust me on this. Iā€™ve been into more engines that I can remember and seized oil control (or wiper) rings is not that rare.

@ok4450

AMEN!!

I can think of a few exceptions to that . . . cases where the customer meticulously checked their oil level right from the beginning, like clockwork every 2 weeks, if not earlier, topped off as needed, drove the car gently, used the correct viscosity, did EVERYTHING right, yet still had massive oil consumption

But generally speaking, I agree with your statement

Well itā€™s been a month and no oil consumption! Had the oil changed at another dealership. I have checked it every other trip out of the garage and zero oil loss. So far the car is running. Put in some additive in my gas to aide the engine.
I think they neglected to put oil in my car.

I seriously doubt that

You wouldnā€™t have made it very far with no oil in the crankcase