Prices of Insight Vs Focus hatch about the same?

Do not buy Ford!!! I own a 2012 Focus hatchback. I love the car, but what Ford does not tell the consumers is that their mysync technology does not work with some cell phone carriers. So, mine does not work. After 5 months of dealing with Ford tech, someone in tech support finally said that they have heard of others having this difficulty. I asked, if you find that my carrier is the hitch here, is there a solution to this? Ford guy said, “Not that I know of.” Ford is not taking ownership of this problem - they are blaming it on the cell phone carrier. If Ford is unethical in dealing with this problem, and they are - they have ripped off at least this consumer - are there other issues lurking in the darkness?

@LeslieT -

It took me just seconds looking at the Ford info on the Sync system to notice the “phone compatibility” link on the page :

http://www.ford.com/technology/sync/

On that page, they clearly specify what phones and what carriers the system is compatible with. Your dealer should have helped you find the info. There is no reason it should have taken 5 months to figure this out.

While it would cost some money and be a pain, you could always switch to a phone that is compatible with the system. Personally, I never would have bought the thing, because I view them as a waste. :slight_smile: