Price for a '91 Honda Civic?

If it had lower mileage and was in top condition it would likely be worth lots more, I do know people who would love to find another 4wd Civic Wagon from this era in great shape but the rust and the other issues bring the value down.

I think your price range is just about right. Some kid will throw a clutch kit in it for another $100, put some seat covers in it for another $30, overspray the paint, and love the car to death.

Heck, I have a friend that could use a running car. If I could I’d offer you $300 for it, do what I just described, and give it to her.

So, it doesn’t look great, the tires aren’t great, the clutch is a goner, and it has no ac

That last one is a real problem, in my opinion

Using it as a daily driver could be excruciating in the summer months, depending on the location

Yeah, but it’s doable. My old 88 CRX didn’t have air conditioning. It sucked in the summer, but it got me from A to B. Realistically if someone’s shopping in the $300 range for a car, they’re amazingly lucky if the thing has an engine, much less AC.

A motiviated DIYer could go to a junkyard and pull the AC out of another Civic or CRX (same parts, so they’re interchangeable) and install it himself, although you’d have to get a 134 conversion as well if you didn’t want to pay a lot more than the car cost for the freon charge.

lol, I haven t had heat in my truck for years, what is this ac you speak of?

It’s sold! I offered $350 expecting a counter-offer, but they took it at that price. They also like to fix up cars, so that’s good too. Thank you for all the input!

Sounds like a win-win. My daughter gave her barely running Cavalier that needed thousands in repairs to a friend of a friend who liked to work on cars. She could have gotten a couple hundred at a junk yard but why?

Congratulations and sincere thanks for the follow up post. We rarely hear the final verdicts, and if feels good.